Monday, March 17, 2014

Dominus Estate 2010

About 6 years ago I had an experience that changed a small part of my life. I tried a wine unlike anything I had ever tasted before. It made me fall in love with it, and from that moment I was hooked! I knew I had to have it in my life. 
What I didn't know was that with the first purchase of that bottle I became a part of something that I wasn't even aware of. Dominus has a bit of a "cult" following. Every year people seek out there wines and scoop them up. Within a couple of days or in this years case hours of being release they are gone. 
This year was exceptional. The 2010 vintage was the smallest producing vintage since 1984. That coupled with the fact that Robert Parker then went and scored the wine 100 point, sent people into a frenzie. I myself was stressed, wondering how I would get a bottle and not disrupt my vertical. With strict policy put in place, I braved the cold, got little sleep and lined up just before 7am to ensure my vertical was safe. I can now calmly say that order has been restored and all is well....until next year!
                                   


No comments:

Post a Comment